3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2017 1:45 PM by Sahil.Chawla

liquify acting strangely

Dave Kaley

When opening liquify on an image I am missing several options (i.e. - mask options, view options, a couple of tools).  Also, it gives a target with 2 lines at 90 degrees coming from it.  I am running a laptop PC (a year old, I7, 16GB ram, NVidia 960) with Windows 10; CS6.  I don't remember seeing this strange window before.  I also have a desktop with Windows 10 and CS6, which is normal in liquify.  Please help.

• 1. Re: liquify acting strangely
          Sahil.Chawla Adobe Employee

Hi Dave,

Please try resetting the preferences: -

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Regards,

Sahil

• 2. Re: liquify acting strangely
            Dave Kaley Level 1

Sahil,

Thank you for the quick response.  I tried what you said, but did not get a prompt to delete current settings.  I tried several times, including after restarting the computer.  However,  I did manage to get my liquify tools back by clicking on the tools options area.  I did not see the advanced mode button on my laptop like I did on my old computer as it was partially obscured and extremely tiny because my laptop is a 4K machine and of course CS6 will not size for the 4K (very frustrating}.  I do still have the odd 90 degree lines off of the target, but I don't think that will impact my use of liquify.  I'll need to look into preferences some more for your suggestion.  for now I am back in business.  Thank you again.

Dave

• 3. Re: liquify acting strangely
              Sahil.Chawla Adobe Employee

Glad you got it working! Feel free to post your queries if you need any help