• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How best to document a photo license transfer to clients?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many posts have made clear to me that I can license a photo, and I can transfer that license to a client.  My question is, how should I document this transfer to my clients, so that they have proof they have the rights to use the image?  I thought I could provide them the invoices for each photo purchase, but as far as I can see, the printed Adobe Stock invoices don't include the image/item number. Or does the "Material No/Description" column contain an internal Adobe reference?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Hi Catherine,

Please see Common Questions, Adobe Stock

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catherine,

Please see Common Questions, Adobe Stock

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena, thanks for the response, but I don't see anything on that page that specifically deals with clients.  There's definitely nothing that addresses my question.

Maybe I can rephrase my question another way:

If someone from Adobe shows up at my client's office next week and asks them to prove that they have the legal rights to use that image, how do they prove it?

I understand I can buy a license on behalf of my clients.  There are many support pages, as well as forum posts, that explain I can purchase licenses for client projects, and that I have the right to transfer that purchased license to the client.  The licensing documents are also clear that I am allowed to do this.

My question specifically is how do I legally document this transfer. 

I thought I would include the Adobe invoices with the invoice to my client, but as far as I can tell, the Adobe invoices themselves do not include the image number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You can include the Adobe invoices along.

You can also credit the contributor over the image while using them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but the invoices themselves do not indicate which photos are licensed.

So you're saying that the only way my clients can use photos on a transferred license is to put a contributor credit over them??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know that the invoice will not tell the photos downloaded by the downloads will always be available in your Adobe account to cross check or the Adobe support staff can confirm that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started