Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This script worked fine for a whole week, and now throws error 30616

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am thuroughly confused. Last week I wrote a very basic script that prints a grayscale proof. It has had zero hitches and worked great until today when it started throwing this error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Error Number: 30616

Error String: The property's value is locked and cannot be changed.

Engine: Main

File: (the filepath)

Line: 60

Source: pagePosition = PagePosisions.centered"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the script:

Proof();

function Proof()

{

/* Change this variable to the string of the desired printer output: */

var myPrinter = "Bizhub C654e PS" ;

if (app.documents.length == 0){

alert("Please open the document you would like to print a proof for and try again");

}

app.scriptPreferences.userInteractionLevel = UserInteractionLevels.neverInteract;

with (app.activeDocument. printPreferences)

{

printer = myPrinter ;

copies = 1 ;

pagePosition = PagePositions.centered ;

scaleMode = ScaleModes.scaleToFit;

printBlankPages = true ;

colorOutput = ColorOutputModes.COMPOSITE_GRAY ;

}

app.activeDocument.print();

}

I dont understand why it randomply stopped working. And If I remove that line that the error references it just throws the same error for the next changed preference and so on. Please help as this is infuriating

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the script itself, it is the print drivers or indesign settings in that regard, that locked the properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it was something outside of the script, any idea what might cause this to change or what settings in indesign could effect this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any assistance anyone? This has become a fairly major roadblock in my printing scripting seeing as I cannot change printer settings....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines