• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a Trojan in Adobe Flash Player 24.0.0.221?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My antiviral software, Webroot SecureAnywhere, seems to think the installation file is a Trojan. Was this scanned for viruses before it was put up for people to install? Webroot won't let me install it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, all of our files are scanned for viruses prior to uploaded, and they are registered with VirusTotal and Kaspersky.  It's possible Webroot hasn't whitelisted the file yet.  What is the name of the installer file you are using it and from where did you download the file from?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went to adobe.com. Searched Flash Player. Under Adobe Flash Player in the results, I clicked Download Flash Player. The file name is flashplayer24_xa_install.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time you updated the Webroot virus definitions?  I downloaded the file you used, falshpaleyr24_xa_install.exe and ran it through VirusTotal (free online service that analyzes files and URLs) used by many A/V software.  None of the A/V companies, including Webroot report the file as being malicious.   Results are available at https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/4d701152b8af671448c513e808086bafce7216091e01d2687c1d01b8b7653e2f/... (a/v software listed in alphabetic order).  You can also go to www.virustotal.com and upload the file you downloaded and scan it.  I surmise the results will be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the box I got when I tried to update it myself just now. I screenshot it so you could see it. It normally updates by itself. I do see the results you are talking about, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting the screenshot. I'll forward to the online installer team, since this is the online installer that is being flagged by Webroot.

<edit>

Did you upload the file you downloaded to VirusTotal?  I expect it to be fine, but I'm interested in seeing the VirusTotal results for the file you have, especially the SHA256 hash value that will be displayed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines