We have several users reporting that Adobe Acrobat is losing file association on Windows 8.1
- this is confirmed with Adobe Acrobat XI 11 standard and Pro
- no available updates, most recent was: 11.0.19
- user opens .pdf's and Windows asks what program should be default for the .pdf extension > select Adobe Acrobat and the .pdf opens
- close the .pdf and try to relaunch to .pdf asks again what program to associate the files with and does not stick
- all other adobe extensions:
The .pdf's do not save.
We have tried:
We believe this is not windows related as all other acrobat extensions are associated just not the .pdf
We do not have any GPO's applied to set .pdf or prevent a user from setting their .pdf default
- If we do run the adobe cleaner tool and reinstall and if it does confirm to work should we not update, can we confirm this is a recent update bug?
Any insight on this would help, we have searched several adobe forums but all report on out dated versions that are not relevant.