1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2017 2:30 PM by Brad Lawryk

Stock Photo Search tool

melissad6912514 Level 1

The search option on the stock site is severely lacking and is in need of updating. It would benefit you to include some more search filters like:

• Background/No Background

• 1 Person/2 People/Three or More

• Male/Female

• Looking at the camera/Not looking at the Camera

It would help out SO MUCH! Because I waste so much time right now trying to look through photos that I know I can't use because the search filters are awful!

I know other stock sites have options similar to these so they are actually something that could be done. I like how the libraries integrate into my products and that's mainly why I use it, but seriously, fix the search.

• 1. Re: Stock Photo Search tool
          Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

While I do agree 100% that the search on Adobe Stock is not well done for many reasons, I am afraid that adding those criteria would be a near impossible task at this point. It would require manually going through hundreds of thousands of images to check them and add that option. Adobe took over Fotolia and started Adobe Stock. So really they are at the mercy of the data fields set up by Fotolia as far as searches go. The best bet for that right now would be to educate stock image contributors to add that as a search keyword.

2 people found this helpful