• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using images as part of a small-scale press release

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm confused about distribution with standard licences.

I have received 50 free Adobe Stock images  as  part of a trial with Creative Cloud/Photoshop.

What I want to do is to have some images that we can use on our website AND distribute with our press release. We are a tiny campaigning organisation, so no huge coverage.

When I look at the licenses for my free downloads they say Standard license - which seems to suggest I couldn't forward the images onto another organisation as part of a press release. Is that correct?

But when I look here

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/faq.html

it says that Adobe Stock images are royalty free: "A royalty-free asset is licensed such that it can be used for any illustrative purpose, even in a professional context, without geographical restrictions or expiration dates". Nothing about any license restrictions.

Is an image with a standard licence a royalty free image or not?

Sorry for naive questions, am a newbie to all this. Thanks for help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Going by the information you have provided you should be fine with the Standard licensing of the images. Yes, the images are all royalty free. Meaning you may use them as many times as you like without paying any further costs as long as the use case meets the agreement. That is unless of course the use requires an extended license then you would need to purchase the extended license. The Extended license is also royalty free.

So in short, you should be able to use the images as often as you like

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going by the information you have provided you should be fine with the Standard licensing of the images. Yes, the images are all royalty free. Meaning you may use them as many times as you like without paying any further costs as long as the use case meets the agreement. That is unless of course the use requires an extended license then you would need to purchase the extended license. The Extended license is also royalty free.

So in short, you should be able to use the images as often as you like for your company as long as you are not selling an item with the images on them. If you need the images for another business or client you will need to license it a second time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah Brad, that's great news. Thanks very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started