2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2017 9:13 AM by Szalam

    Edit mask to make it look "brush-like" / frayed




      I started working with After Effects yesterday. I'm working on a bar which shows the name of the journalist and some other information.

      I first tried to change the position of my bar over time to make it moving into the screen, but my bar isn't just a rectangle, it's like a painted bar so it didn't look really good.


      However, I have now made a mask for my bar which changes it's position over time via keyframe. I gave it the option "substract". This looks way better.

      The mask is just a rectangle, but I want to make it look like "frayed", so it isn't that boring anymore.


      The bar itself is by the way an object I've imported from a photoshop file.


      Is this even possible to achieve?

      How can I do that?