4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2008 5:28 PM by Zatechz

Dummy Mode in Actions Panel

TiaVamp
      My colleague says he uses the Dummy Mode for his actions panel, but we can't figure out where that option is located within Flash. He tells me it has blank fields to type in bits of code and then it creates the proper code for you. I assume it's called something other than Dummy Mode, but I can't find anything to help me locate it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and where & how I can switch modes, I'd appreciate it. Thanks - TiaVamp

ps. Mac OSX Leopard, Flash CS3 ACtion Script 1 & 2
        • 1. Re: Dummy Mode in Actions Panel
          clbeech Level 3
          LMAO!!!! ... i don't care who you are, that's funny right thar ...

JK ;)

check into 'code hints' in the Flash preferences ;)
          • 2. Re: Dummy Mode in Actions Panel
            TiaVamp Level 1
            Ya I know about Code Hints. Thanks for being a ****. Go make some more web comics.
            • 3. Re: Dummy Mode in Actions Panel
              clbeech Level 3
              HEY! SCREW OFF! i was trying to help you out you ******* - and providing a little levity from the title you've posted - i thought it was a great title and a fun way to ask - apparently you didn't see the 'just kidding - wink" - i thought that was exactly the answer you were looking for but didn't know what to call it - so SCREW OFF YOU PR!CK!

you don't know what you talking about - if all you saw was comics dipsh!t, you didn't look around or notice anything else - not to mention that i script for a living and none of those were 'web comics' - I've got more abilities than you will ever have!

to call someone a '****' in your second post! holy crap - what an *** - don't come around here anymore, you don't have any business even thinking about trying to code ... LMFAO!
              • 4. Dummy Mode in Actions Panel
                Zatechz
                @TiaVamp

Open your actions panel by pressing F9, in the top right hand corner is a wand looking thing, with the words Script Assist next to it. Click that. Make sure your left menu (which has all the easy to add functions like button code) is not collapsed. If it is, there is a small arrow on the left side of the Actions panel that lets you bring it back out. In that panel at the top are a bunch of library functions to help you insert code. Select the object, or frame you'd like to apply actions to, and from there on out its hopefully, pretty self-explanatory.

@clbeech

LMAO indeed..lol