3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2008 7:39 AM by kglad

Help getting Flash to send data to php contact form please...

poprobot
      I am struggling to get Kirupa's php contact form tutorial to work within a client's website.

Kirupa's source files work perfectly when I upload them to my server - but when I insert the form into my flash website - I am unable to receive the contact email at all.

The problem must be within the .fla file because I have not altered the php (except to change the email address to send to my email) The php file worked fine with the source .fla form. I basically copied the symbols form the source form into the .fla - then double checked the var_names and everything shoudl be good to go.

I am using Flash CS3 (but publishing for AS2) I have double checked all my input fields are named correctly with var_names that match the php code. The form fields have been created as a movieclip named "form" and the following action script attached:

onClipEvent(data){
      // show welcome screen
      _root.nextFrame();
      }

the send button has the following code attached:

on (release) {
      // send variables in form movieclip (the textfields)
      // to email PHP page which will send the mail
      form.loadVariables("email.php", "POST");
      }

Basically everything is identical to Kirupa's tutorial source files (which I tested with success) except it has been inserted into a flash website timeline - I also double checked there was no conflicting AS code anywhere else in the file.

Still, no email contact is received at all.
      Anyone have a clue what I am missing???

Much appreciated!