Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash and Safari

Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to look at a Jacquie Lawson card and first got a message that I didn't have Flash installed, so I installed it.  Still didn't work so I followed instructions to enable it and I still get the same message that I either don't have it installed or it isn't enabled.  If I search for "enable", I get the same instructions, which are now worthless.  I have a MacBook Pro, late 2009, using Sierra, completely up to date and using Safari, also completely up to date.  There is no phone support for this product.  Very nice touch.  Would welcome any suggestions.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I just called Apple and it was a Preference setting.  I wanted to be asked whether to use Flash to view a site but apparently Safari sees things in a different light, so the proper setting for the Jacquie Lawson website was "on" for Flash, not "ask".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Safari continues to make changes that make it difficult for Safari users to run Flash Player.  We try to keep this document updated.  It's worth a bookmark, as you'll probably need it again in the future.  Alternatively, you may want to consider a different browser, like Firefox or Google Chrome.

Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for responding!! Apparently it was my fault that it didn’t work properly. When I came to the section that asked whether to allow websites to use the plug in, Apple told me I needed to select “on” when I would have preferred to select “ask”, but Apple said the combination of Safari and Java don’t respond to the “ask” option, only to “on” or “off”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines