• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installtion of install_flash_player_24_active_x.exe Hangs

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When running the installation, "install_flash_player_24_active_x.exe -install" (24.0.0.221) the installation does not complete and hangs. I have encountered the issue on several systems. I've tested with and without Internet Explorer running and made sure the FlashUtil*.exe process is not running as well. Of the 12 tests performed, 10 installations have hung.

Any one else experiencing this behavior with the latest Flash Player install?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What operating system, including version, is this on?

<edit>

Are you by chance distributing Flash Player within your organization?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we have a distribution license for our organization. OS is Windows 7 (32 and 64bit) with IE 11 and Flash Player 24.0.0.194. I am using virtual systems, so I am able to test with the exact same configuration.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to reproduce.  Here's what I have done:

- launch cmd-window (user has admin permissions)

- run "install_flash_player_24_active_x.exe -install" from the command prompt

- when the UAC dialog displays, click 'Yes'

- installation proceeds as expected

- close cmd-window

- launch cmd-window as Admin (right-click > Run as Administrator)

- run "install_flash_player_24_active_x.exe -install" from the command prompt

- installation proceeds as expected

How exactly are you deploying/installing Flash Player on these systems?  Please provide exact steps to reproduce. 

Does the user ID have Admin permissions?  Is there any log activity in the FlashInstall.log files on the impacted systems when the installation hangs?  On the 64-bit systems, there will be 2 FlashInstall.log files in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.  If there is output to the log file when Flash Player installation hangs, please provide the entire log file.  On 64-bit operating systems, both log files are required.  You can upload the file(s) to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation process is as follows:

1. Copy "install_flash_player_24_active_x.exe" locally (c:\temp)

2. Open a command prompt with the "System" account (all of our installations are performed with the System credentials)

3. Run "install_flash_player_24_active_x.exe -install"

4. Monitor the install process.

I have the log files from a system that is still in the hung condition. Uploaded as requested:

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/e3ac3e8a-02a3-4cfe-ad85-64f60c66bdb3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last entry in the 32-bit log file (sysWOW64 directory) was from January 28, installing 24.0.0.194.  The last entry in the 64-bit log file (system32 directory) is from yesterday, 15-Feb, installing 24.0.0.221.  Normal installation would have corresponding entries in both log files for the same installation attempt (version and date/time).  Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any errors.  I'd like for you to run process monitor during the installation attempt and then send me the process monitor log file.  Please do the following:

1. Download Process Monitorhttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx
  2. Right-click the file that you downloaded, and then click Extract to.
  3. Specify where you want to extract the file, and then click Extract.
  4. In the folder to which you extracted the file, double-click the Procmon.exe file.
  5. Click Agree to accept the license terms.
  6. Attempt to install Flash Player using the steps you provided previously.
  7. When the installation hangs wait a few minutes and then terminate the process (e.g. exit out of the cmd-window)
  8. On the Process Monitor File menu, click Save to save the Process Monitor log file.
  9. Under Events to save, click to select the All events check box.
  10. Under Format, click to select the Native Process Monitor Format (PML) check box.
  11. In the Path box, specify a location on the local hard disk where you want to save the file.
  12. Upload the file to cloud.acrobat.com/send
  13. Either post the link to the uploaded file in your reply, or send it to me via Private Message
    1. To send a Private Message click on my User Name link and then on the 'Message' button link

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of security concerns, I would be unable to upload the requested information to the public forum. I have been testing the MSI version of the Flash Player installation for version 24.0.0.221 and it seems to be performing as expected.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi  artp43050625

Totally understandable.  If you'd like I can PM you my email address and you can email me the link.  If you have issues with the MSI, just reply to this topic and I'll receive an email notification email that a new comment has been posted.

--
Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines