• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why constant adobe flash updates requests when you are running an old system?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running an old system and Adobe Flash keeps bothering me with download demands. I can't run the new Flash. How do I get rid of these notifications?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before posting, please read and provide the following information:

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please quote them exactly, or provide a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marihilda ,

The Flash Player update notification keeps displaying because Flash Player is configured to check for updates on your system.  To disable Flash Player from checking for updates do the following:

1. Launch the Flash Player Settings Manager:
    • Windows: Control Panel\ > All Control Panel Items > Flash Player
    • OS X: System Preferences > Flash Player
  2. When Flash Player Settings Manager window displays, navigate to the Update tab
  3. In the Updates tab select 'Never check for updates (not recommended)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system, including version, are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX 10.6.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Flash Player support for OS X 10.6.8 was dropped, installation on OS X 10.6.8 is not blocked and the latest version of Flash Player will install, however, since OS X 10.6.8 not officially supported we cannot guarantee how Flash Player will function on OS X 10.6.8.

To download the latest version, do the following:

1. Go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions
  2. In Step 1, select 'Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.12'
  3. In Step 2, select the option corresponding with the browser you use
  4. Click 'Download now' button on the bottom right.
  5. Flash Player installer will download to the default download location (usually the Downloads folder)
  6. Go to the default download location
  7. locate Flash Player installer and proceed with installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may have to also consider upgrading the Mac OSX operating system to a newer version, marihilda (like v10.9 which is the mimimum supported for recent versions of Flash).  check the Apple support site to see if your Mac can be upgraded from v10.6.8 to v10.9 or better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have graphics software I need that won't work with a system upgrade and I'm not willing to "rent" it from Adobe on a monthly basis. so I'm stuck until I can buy a different computer for the web and retire the laptop to doing only email and graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Himarihilda

Flash Player is free.  There's nothing to rent, unless you are referring to some other Adobe software.  As I mentioned previously, while Flash Player is no longer supported on OS X 10.6.8 you can still install it.  We just no longer develop for it, nor test on it, so you may encounter play-back issues.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am referring to other Adobe software, such as Photoshop. I have spent thousands of dollars upgrading over the years and I am simply not willing to spend more. I am retired from graphic design and use these programs as an artist or activist. I do not have the income to upgrade to Adobe's new stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For information on Photoshop, and other Adobe software you would need to post to the forums for said software (e.g. Photoshop General Discussion).  This forum is for Flash Player issues, which we've assisted you with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not seeking info on software other than Flash--just explaining why I don't update my operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines