4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2008 11:31 AM by Dahwoo

Image Importing Trouble

Dahwoo
      Hello all I am such a noob.. I have been trying to import an image into my file so I can work with it.. only problem is when I do it (whether its to stage or library) all I get on the stage is a square without the image. if I test my movie I can see the image but it is really hard to work this way. can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Feel free to write back starting off with:

Dear Noob.. LOL I appreciate any help
        • 1. Re: Image Importing Trouble
          RossRitchey Level 4
          my guess is you have outlines turned on for the layer.

Go to the layer on the timeline. There are a couple of icons to the right of the layers name. The third icon is what you want to look at. If it is a box that is just a stroke, then outlines is turned on. Click the box to toggle outlines, and your image will appear on the stage.
          • 2. Re: Image Importing Trouble
            Dahwoo Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: rritchey
            my guess is you have outlines turned on for the layer.

Go to the layer on the timeline. There are a couple of icons to the right of the layers name. The third icon is what you want to look at. If it is a box that is just a stroke, then outlines is turned on. Click the box to toggle outlines, and your image will appear on the stage.

First let me say thanks for trying to help me. I have tried that I even checked the layer properties and it still will not allow me to see the image. when I open other flash files created by someone else I can view the images just fine. are there any other settings that I may be missing that you can think of?
            • 3. Re: Image Importing Trouble
              Dahwoo Level 1
              also one other thing
              if I copy my image from my file and paste it to someone else's it shows... if I copy theirs to mine it still does not show. this has to be some sort of project setting that I am missing.. really frustrating me:(
              • 4. Re: Image Importing Trouble
                Dahwoo Level 1
                Sorry all I got it... it was actually the outlines listed under the view>preview Mode that fixed it... thanks for helping me get going in the right direction ritchey!