• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I delete InDesign, will I still be able to view pdfs I exported from it?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand this is a bit of a silly question, but I have some pdf portfolios I sent to graduate schools for applications, and I want to make absolutely sure that unsubscribing from InDesign and deleting it won't affect the grad school's ability to view the pdfs I sent them. The pdfs were exported from InDesign.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Yes. You can remove InDesign but you (and the schools) will need to have a copy of (free) Adobe Reader installed to see the PDFs.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

The nice thing about the subscription model is that you can always reactivate for a month if you realize your documents need a major overhaul in InDesign. Then you can deactivate after creating new PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You can remove InDesign but you (and the schools) will need to have a copy of (free) Adobe Reader installed to see the PDFs.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

The nice thing about the subscription model is that you can always reactivate for a month if you realize your documents need a major overhaul in InDesign. Then you can deactivate after creating new PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines