• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dragging pages between InDesign docs

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some older files created in unknown version of InDesign. I am using current CC version. Both documents are set up with letter pages in landscape format. when I drag a page from the older one into the newer one, in the pages palette, it does not line up under the existing pages, but instead it starts a second column headed "Letter H 2".

Why does this happen? and what exactly does it mean?  I should say the older doc is set up with facing pages and the newer is not. But it doesn't change when I turn off facing pages in the older one. (It only has one page anyway).

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

It sounds like you are inadvertently creating an alternate layout. Right click the first page in the Letter H 2 column > Numbering and Section Options and uncheck start new section.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, open the older unknown version in your current CC version and save the file. That will convert it to the current format.

Try using Layout > Pages > Move Pages to move the pages into you new document rather than dragging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I didn't know about that...but I get the same result...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are inadvertently creating an alternate layout. Right click the first page in the Letter H 2 column > Numbering and Section Options and uncheck start new section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines