• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Debugger of exact version download link

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a link to download latest Flash Player Debugger by its full version number (like 24.0.0.194)?

The point is to use that link in some automated scenarios which must lead to reproducible results.

Currently we have this page to download Flash Player Debugger of latest version:

Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads

However, the links on that page does not contain exact Plash Player version, only the major one (24), like:

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/24/flash_player_sa_linux_debug.x86_64.tar...

On the other side there is nice page with archive versions:

Archived Adobe Flash Player versions

And there we are able to download archive of exact version which contains Flash Player Debugger.

However, those links are archive, and the latest version of Flash Player (currently 24.0.0.221) is not present there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get what you're trying to do, but it's probably far easier to just download the installer once and then serve it to your test clients from a local cache.  We abstract the minor versions away so that we don't have to update all of the incoming website and documentation links for minor versions.  We still have to update links for major versions, but it's far more manageable.

Technically, the local caching approach would require a redistribution license, but it's free, and you can get it here:

Adobe Flash Player Distribution

You may also find that our enterprise distribution assets are far more convenient for deploying in your test infrastructure, although probably not for the debugger.

Also, if you ever need to go back and audit, manually pushing the installer assets probably leaves you a better documentation trail, particularly if you're checking them in under source control or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I'm trying to reach is not an in-corporation redistribution, but rather open source toolchain, public and accessible by anyone. So, the only place in my scenario where I can vendor exact version of Flash Player Debugger is a toolchain Git repository. There is no public "local caches", and using mirrors is quite untrusted as not official source.

The only option left - just add Flash Player Debugger binaries directly into repository. But this, requires Adobe Flash Player Distribution license too, if I've understood you correctly. I've visited link and license requires some organization data and applies restrictions for used emails, which is quite impossible for public open source project (an organization may not even exist).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines