• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom imports catalogue but not changes

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've recently taken my first step with editing photos on my laptop (secondary) then attempting to add them and their settings to my desktop (primary). The steps all sound as simple as opening my main catalogue on the desktop then selecting "Import from new catalogue". I transferred all of the photos onto my desktop then opened LR and selected Import from new catalogue. It imported all of the images into the primary catalogue but moved them into new folders and didn't retain any changes made. When re-selecting "import from another catalogue" a second time it says "There is nothing to import in the catalogue you have selected. All of the catalogue's photos are up to date in the current catalogue." The laptop still has all of the images and the edited catalogue. How do I move these Lightroom edits from one computer to another?

Thanks in advance!

Kory

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

It imported all of the images into the primary catalogue but moved them into new folders and didn't retain any changes made.

It sounds like you imported the photos using File->Import rather than File->Import from Another Catalog.

The laptop still has all of the images and the edited catalogue. How do I move these Lightroom edits from one computer to another?

Delete the photos that were imported in the earlier step, delete them from the catalog and from the hard disk, and try importing the laptop ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It imported all of the images into the primary catalogue but moved them into new folders and didn't retain any changes made.

It sounds like you imported the photos using File->Import rather than File->Import from Another Catalog.

The laptop still has all of the images and the edited catalogue. How do I move these Lightroom edits from one computer to another?

Delete the photos that were imported in the earlier step, delete them from the catalog and from the hard disk, and try importing the laptop catalog again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines