4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 12:17 PM by shellys55427221
      • 1. Re: PhoneGap Build Error Cannot call determinedVisibility in Android 6.0.1
        kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

First: don't post only a link to SO; include the content itself. Links are easy to overlook.

Second: Based on what I can see, you aren't using the SPA (Single Page App) architecture. This is the only way to avoid flashes like you are seeing during navigation. Read up on SPA and convert your app. (Do understand that just because "single page" is used that it doesn't mean a single HTML file -- it really means a single instance of the Document Object Model.)

• 2. Re: PhoneGap Build Error Cannot call determinedVisibility in Android 6.0.1
          shellys55427221 Level 1

The client doesn't have resources for a recode at this time so looking for a work around if possible. Yes - is not SPA. InDesign doesn't generate SPA.

What I don't understand is why the flashing doesn't happen with android 5.1 but does happen with 6.0.1. Is the cordova.js versioned? Is it hugely larger or something for the version that's compatible with 6.0.1? Or is it an android problem related to nonSPA that has nothing to do with cordova.

• 3. Re: PhoneGap Build Error Cannot call determinedVisibility in Android 6.0.1
            kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

You've just been getting lucky on 5.1. Sometimes web views transition without a flash, and sometimes they don't. (Timing, page size, web browser version -- all sorts of things figure in to that.) All MPA (multi-page apps) can suffer the problem.

(cordova.js is versioned, but not to OS version. It's versioned to the cordova platform version, and is also different on every supported platform. i.e., you can't use Android's cordova.js on iOS and vice versa.)

As far as what InDesign generates -- I'm not an InDesign expert. But as long as you can edit the code, you should be able to make a SPA app. I do suggest you use a framework though (Framework 7, Ionic, Angular, etc).

I understand the resource limitation here, but if you can't build the app using SPA architecture, you're probably going to have to live with the flashes.

• 4. Re: PhoneGap Build Error Cannot call determinedVisibility in Android 6.0.1
              shellys55427221 Level 1

ok thanks. I don't know a ton about cordova but it's what my client is using. Yeah, InDesign isn't a framework. I can edit the files but then if I'd have to do that on each regen. Angular is in my wheelhouse.

Thank you for your responses. They were very helpful.