2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 10:06 AM by JimHess

I can't open Lightroom

88sophos88

When I try to open my stand-alone version of Lightroom 6 (i.e., not Lightroom CC), I get a message from Adobe entitled "Adobe Software License Agreement," which governs the use of Lightroom CC. I'm given the options: "Accept" or "Quit." When I chose "Quit"--because I don't have Lightroom CC installed--I'm not able to open Lightroom. If I were to choose "Accept," this would imply that I am accepting Lightroom CC. How do I get around this?

• 1. Re: I can't open Lightroom
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

LR6 an LRCC are essentially the same software. Only the licensing is different.

LR CC has full features and is activated by sign-in and subscription

LR6 does not have the new features and is activated by sign-in and with a serial number.

• 2. Re: I can't open Lightroom
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC are the same program. The different features in Lightroom CC are made available when you activate the program  as Lightroom CC (i.e.  you have opted to pay the monthly subscription fee). But the license agreement covers both "versions", and until you accept the conditions of the license you will not be able to use Lightroom. If you have entered your serial number then you will have Lightroom 6 up and running  after you accept the terms of the license agreement.