Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows, CFDIRECTORY, and setting attributes

LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I was just wondering if there is a way to set folder attributes using CFDIRECTORY in CF10 Server, or CF11.

I'm specifically looking for a way to use CFDIRECTORY to create a folder (if it doesn't already exist) and set it so that file execution is disabled.  Set it so that all files within are strictly read/write/delete, nothing else.

I notice that *nix servers can take advantage of the 'mode' attribute for CFDIRECTORY.  Very nice, sadly we are in a Windows environment, so that will do no good.

V/r,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Coldfusion runs in Windows on the user that started it, so the permissions would be based on this user. I dont think it has any knowledge of NTFS permissions either so its very unlikely that you can set them either.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coldfusion runs in Windows on the user that started it, so the permissions would be based on this user. I dont think it has any knowledge of NTFS permissions either so its very unlikely that you can set them either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, haxtbh​,

Thanks for your reply.  I kind of suspected (given that I couldn't find anything on Google) that was the case.  Bummer.  Seems, to me, that if CFDIRECTORY knows enough of NTFS to create a folder, it should be able to set attributes like it does for *nix.

Not that it's going to stop me from doing what I'm doing, so far.  This is for an intranet, so no public access.  But, still, it would have been nice to have that extra layer of security.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation