• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New acrobat DC user - received a document with comments, I accepted the comments. How do I update the document with the accepted comments?

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New acrobat DC user - received a document with comments, I accepted the comments.  How do I update the document with the accepted comments?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would also like to know the answer to this question>>>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kat - it's not obvious!  All the comments accept examples show status /accept then stop.  No next step, update the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a first for me so hopefully someone will step in and explain. As a moderator I had hoped to be able to help but alas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator's Note:  I have moved this question from the non-technical Lounge to Acrobat ~ Commenting & Collaboration Forum. ]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy- thank you but I still wish to know the answer to this as is a new one for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New users of Acrobat often get stuck trying to use Acrobat as if it's Word. It isn't done at all like that, but Adobe don't make this clear.

Let's look at how this would be done if you had comments returned to you scribbled on paper, assuming you make documents in Word.

1. You'd make or edit a Word document

2. You'd print it off and send it to reviewers

3. People would mark up the paper, and return it to you.

4. You'd review the comments on paper and accept or reject them.

5. You'd open the original Word document, and look through the accepted comments, and manually edit the Word document from the comments.

So, with PDF, you replace steps 2-4 only. You are trying to replace step 5 as well. So what you need to do is.

1. (same) You'd make or edit a Word document

2. You'd make a PDF and send it to reviewers

3. People would mark up the PDF, and return it to you.

4. You'd review the comments in PDF and accept or reject them.

5. (same) You'd open the original Word document, and look through the accepted comments, and manually edit the Word document from the comments.

The crucial thing with any use of PDF is that you have your original document (Word, or whatever you use instead of Word), and you edit THAT ORIGINAL EVERY TIME. You don't edit the PDF, that's both impractical and a nightmare waiting to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines