• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action Wizard - form help?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of forms (hundreds) that were completed by reviewers.  There was one particular box that was supposed to be checked off on each form as it was completed but some of the reviewers did not do this (unfortunately).  That this box is checked off is important as I am processing these forms.

I am wondering what my options are at this point.  I have worked with Acrobat and created some simple actions, so I know generally how it works.  My question is whether I could create a tool that would open each document, check off the specific checkbox (it's in the same position on each form) and then re-save the updated form.  The alternative of doing this manually is not realistic.

Alternatively, I wonder if I could create a tool to apply a checkmark stamp to the documents once they are flattened (so not using the actual form).

I appreciate any ideas or wisdom from you all (dear Adobe peeps).  FYI - I have both Acrobat X Pro & DC Pro versions.

Thanks!

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a checkbox form field that you want to tick, and it has the same name in all files, then it's very easily done using a script. It's basically a single line of code.

If what you want to do is to add a check-mark comment, though, then that is a bit more complicated, but still completely doable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your info Try67.  It is an existing checkbox form field that I want to tick, and it has the same name (Check Box6) in all of the files.  That's why I thought there might be a tech approach to doing it.

However, I am not code savvy yet   Is this a pretty easy thing to get written?  How do I get that done?

Darn, now I wish I'd taken that coding workshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't fret, I'm here to help. The code you should use is:

this.getField("Check Box6").checkThisBox(0, true);

That's it. Have your Action execute it and then save the file and it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - I will try this right away!  My only question is how do I execute this through Acrobat/action wizard?

Sorry that I'm so ignorant about this!  I really do appreciate your help (particularly if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean how to use an Action in Acrobat in general, or how to add the code to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67 - update.  I tried adding the script through the JavaScript option in Action Wizard...New Action...More Tools...Execute Java Script

I entered the script exactly as you indicated, but it isn't working (but I'm excited about the possibilities

What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also add a Save command to your Action?

If so, check the JS console (Ctrl-J) for error messages.

On Feb 17, 2017 12:58 AM, "kimberlyb52820891" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I added a print command.  But I'll try the Save command and check the JS.  I'll let you know how it goes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines