Would you please provide more details about the problem?
What happens when you do the above steps? Does anything happen?
Would you check if you can launch Mail from your iPad's home screen and send a test email?
Hi Thanks for your reply.
When I open the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader and try to share the same from
bottom of the screen using share file and selecting the mail option,
nothing at all happens...
The mail program is working absolutely fine without any glitches and no
problem is faced at all...
Would you please provide more information so that we can diagnose the cause of the problem?
- What is the iOS version on your iPad?
- What is the version of your Acrobat Reader?
- What is the file size of the PDF document that you are trying to share from Acrobat Reader?
- Would you try to share/send email with the same PDF document from iBooks on your iPad?
- Does the problem happen with all of your PDF documents? Would you try several other PDF documents in small sizes?
This may not solve your problem. But would you please restart your iPad?
Thanks for your revert. Please see the answers below.
1. Mail app being used is the Apple's mail app
2. IOS version of iPad Pro (9.7") I am using is 10.2.1
3. Version of acrobat reader I am using is 17.01.31
4. Problem of sharing the file from within Acrobat reader is irrespective
of the file size... Not able to share even the files below 1MB size...
Normally I open files of various sizes including and up to 15 MW at times
on my iPad.. However, I don't share the very large size files (say beyond
10 MB as many times the mail app or the carrier does not support the file
transfer of such size...
5. When I try to share the same PDF file through iBooks from my iPad, I am
able to do the same and the file not only gets attached in the mail but
also gets transmitted...
6. As mentioned above the problem is happening for all sizes of PDF
Lastly, have tried numerously to restart the iPad (including hard restart
by pressing the switch on and home button simultaneously but the problem
Just to add that I was able to share the files earlier through Adobe
Acrobat without any problem...
Only since past few days (probably after some update, I am facing this
Do you know what has changed on your iPad in the past few days (to break the Share functionality)?
No new iOS or Acrobat Reader version has been released in the past few weeks. Have you updated iOS or Acrobat Reader yourself in the past few days?
Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce the problem with Acrobat Reader 17.01.31 on an iPad running iOS 10.2.1. I have not heard about the problem from other users recently.
One thing that you could try is to uninstall and reinstall Acrobat Reader.
However, it is very important to back up your documents on your iPad. Because iOS will erase all of the locally stored documents on your iPad, if you uninstall Acrobat Reader.
Please take a look at the FAQ document and make sure that you transfer all of your documents from your iPad to a desktop computer before uninstalling Acrobat Reader.
I can't guarantee that it will fix your problem. But it should reset Acrobat Reader that is presumably in bad state.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.