3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 8:57 AM by WolfShade

SQL command not properly ended - grrr argh..

WolfShade Level 4

Hello, all,

I've got a query that isn't running within my CFM document; however, if I copy/paste the SQL from the error message into SQL Developer, it does just fine.

Windows Server 2012 with Oracle 12 and Windows Server 2012 with CF10 Server.

I'm creating a query object from scratch (QueryNew()) and trying to insert that data into a table.

My code is:

<cfquery name="insertData" datasource="#application.dsn#">
          INSERT ALL
          <cfloop query="myQuery">  into tableA(ID, ORG_ID, NAME, CITY, STATE, ZIP) VALUES ('#varA', '#varB', '#varC', '#varD', '#varE', '#varF')
          </cfloop>  SELECT * FROM DUAL;
      </cfquery>

The error message is very vague, and yet if I copy/paste the SQL from the error message into SQL Developer, all the data is inserted.

Confuzzedly,

^_^

• 1. Re: SQL command not properly ended - grrr argh..
          haxtbh Level 4

What is the error message?

Also you are missing  the end # on the vars in the query.

• 2. Re: SQL command not properly ended - grrr argh..
            WolfShade Level 4

Hi, haxtbh,

The error message is the title of my post "SQL command not properly ended".  I am not missing any of the hashtags around variable names.

V/r,

^_^

• 3. Re: SQL command not properly ended - grrr argh..
              WolfShade Level 4

*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*

sigh

*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*

I removed the semi-colon from after the "SELECT * FROM DUAL" subquery and it works.  WTF!!!

V/r,

^_^