3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2008 7:30 PM by Newsgroup_User

Sub window cut off by application

Bob_McCown
      Howdy
      I have several sub-windows out of an Application, and I need to be able to have them be larger than the main app. Right now, the windows get cut off width-wise. Is this possible>
        • 1. Re: Sub window cut off by application
          Level 7

"Bob McCown" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g949rh$cie$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Howdy
          > I have several sub-windows out of an Application, and I need to be able to
          > have them be larger than the main app. Right now, the windows get cut off
          > width-wise. Is this possible>

Could you be a bit more clear on your exact structure? What do you mean
          "subwindows"? Have you used an absolute size on your application tag?

• 2. Re: Sub window cut off by application
            Bob_McCown Level 1
            Hi
            I have a mxml object based on mx:TitleWindow, and I'm trying to display that above my main application window using mx.managers.PopUpManager. It pops up (and dismisses) correctly, but the TitleWindow-derived 'window' is cut off both left and right, because my main window is narrower than the TitleWindow-derived one.

I have width, height, minWidth, and minHeight in my Application tag.
            • 3. Re: Sub window cut off by application
              Level 7

"Bob McCown" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:g94fgo$k0o$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Hi
              > I have a mxml object based on mx:TitleWindow, and I'm trying to display
              > that
              > above my main application window using mx.managers.PopUpManager. It pops
              > up
              > (and dismisses) correctly, but the TitleWindow-derived 'window' is cut off
              > both
              > left and right, because my main window is narrower than the
              > TitleWindow-derived
              > one.
              >
              > I have width, height, minWidth, and minHeight in my Application tag.

In that situation, I have no idea. I haven't used popups much. Maybe
              someone else will know.