1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 21, 2008 5:46 PM by Newsgroup_User

problem editing buttons in button editor

misterMistake
      Fireworks v. 9.0.0.1188

I have created a 4 state button & saved it to my button library. Now I need to modify the graphic but cannot select it. When I first click on the "down" state, the graphic is selected along with the "active area." If I grab the button I can move it but then it immediately snaps back to it's original position. I then cannot select the button again until I click to another state and then back again to "down." This problem is not just with the "down" state but all states. The documentation makes clear that I can just double click on the button, either on the workspace or in the library, make my edits and then click "done" in the button editor window. Clearly I've either done something incorrect to lock the graphic or my understanding of the process is incorrect. Any help appreciated.
        • 1. Re: problem editing buttons in button editor
          Level 7
          misterMistake wrote:
          > Fireworks v. 9.0.0.1188
          >
          > I have created a 4 state button & saved it to my button library. Now I need
          > to modify the graphic but cannot select it. When I first click on the "down"
          > state, the graphic is selected along with the "active area." If I grab the
          > button I can move it but then it immediately snaps back to it's original
          > position. I then cannot select the button again until I click to another state
          > and then back again to "down." This problem is not just with the "down" state
          > but all states. The documentation makes clear that I can just double click on
          > the button, either on the workspace or in the library, make my edits and then
          > click "done" in the button editor window. Clearly I've either done something
          > incorrect to lock the graphic or my understanding of the process is incorrect.
          > Any help appreciated.

Can you upload a copy of the PNG file to your website for us to have a
          look at?

--
          Linda Rathgeber
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/8.html
          --------------------------------------------------------------