• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify filter ONLY works with smart objects - 2017.0.1 Release Version

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to apply a liquify mask on a layer I have duplicated from the background (or any layer) by clicking ( Filter > Liquify)  the liquify editor window does not pop up, nothing happens at all. However when I convert my layer to a smart object first, I am then able to apply the liquify filter. Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Thanks,

-Z

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset Preferences settings :

edit -> preferences -> general

click on " reset preferences on quit"

restart photoshop .

let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it allowed me to apply the liquify filter to a non-smart layer. however after closing the liquify window, I then tried to open liquify again. Instead of opening the window to edit liquify in, it further distorted the area I had just previously adjusted with the liquify tool. I then deleted the layer. made a new copy of the background layer and attempted to apply the liquify filter again. This time it also failed to open the liquify editor window and just reapplied the same liquify distortion as before. Not sure whats going on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same issue - read somewhere that converting to smart layer is the fix - this helped for a couple a times and then stopped working .

Then i went in to edit  > preference > performance and unchecked the use graphics processor setting - this worked and now i can use filters on my layers .

I'm thinking this is a driver issue - btw i use Nvidia Gtx 970 and win10 .

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nope - sorry - same issue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines