• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom error - photos sync themselves

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help, my Lightroom5 for PC suddenly has an error - when I edit a photograph and move to the next one it automatically copies the settings of the edited photo over to the new one. It does not happen every time but about 50% of the time. It has not done so in the past at all. Even if I work on a photo and then go back 5 picks to an image I have edited before it will suddenly change that image to the edited settings of the last one I worked on.

Please help, I need to fix this bug asap. Tx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than one photos selected?

Is auto-sync turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, only one photo is selected and auto-sync is not on. It is like I would usually edit, now it just copies the settings over to the very next photo I open regardless of where it is in the catalogue. And when I look at the history it will not show there that any changes were made to the photo. It has to be some kind of glitz or bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using raw files? It could be the result of a defective profile. You could try restoring Adobe default.

You select one image and hold down the Alt (Optn) key and the reset button (bottom right in Develop) switches to Set Default.

A dialog will open showing the camera model for which the Adobe Standard profile will be applied in future to negative (raw files)

To update click the left button “Restore Adobe Default Setings”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the advice, I tried it as I am using RAW files but unfortunately it is still doing it. I have been using Lightroom for years but recently had to reinstall Lightroomon my PC after my PC crashed. It is since then that it suddenly syncs files by itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines