• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2017.1 crashing on CS5.5 projects including video clips

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just subscribed to Adobe CC and installed PP and AE amongst others. Everything appears to work fine except AE which keeps crashing.

I can create new comps, including imported stills and video clips, but if I open an existing AE project (created in CS5.5 which I have been using up to now) CC2017.1 opens it and begins conversion, begins to display the comp, then crashes. It seems to do this only with comps that contain video clips. I have one existing project that does not contain imported assets except audio, and it opens and plays correctly.

At the moment I can't use the great majority of my existing projects. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AE to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try installing an older version of AE (I'd try CC 2014 first) and see how it behaves.

This page walks you through installing older versions (it's not in the spot you'd think it would be).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines