Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom fades away colors after opening - only few pics from same folder

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

After using Lightroom for a week, suddenly some of the pics are changing appearance or fading aways colours, exposure, contrast. Funny thing is this didnt happened in my first week of using lightroom and secondly only few pics fades away from same folder.

Please assist

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

I didn't realize you were talking about the import dialog. On my monitor, I don't see the "fading" that you talk about. But if you are talking about some images that appear darker that is an indication that they have already been imported. If you have the option set to not import suspected duplicates then Lightroom will show you the images that have been imported previously, but will not import them again. If it is something different please explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using raw images, or are these JPEG files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

All files are RAW. Interesting is only few pics are fading from the folder.

I have reset everything, still having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be related to the issue of Lightroom reading the embedded JPEG preview until the raw preview is generated? Were these images that are "fading away" exposed improperly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Not aware of Lightroom issue as I am new to it but some pics with incorrect exposure have no issues. But one nothing I do realized that pics which are fading away are very very bright

Confused.....why not all of them, why only few of them

Some pics are seriously so bad to be looked at now (faded ones)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot that demonstrates what you are talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file 1679, 1685 and few others are faded once opened. some are still in original exposures. Please ignore my bad clicking skills, new to this world

all pics were as exposed as 1677

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't realize you were talking about the import dialog. On my monitor, I don't see the "fading" that you talk about. But if you are talking about some images that appear darker that is an indication that they have already been imported. If you have the option set to not import suspected duplicates then Lightroom will show you the images that have been imported previously, but will not import them again. If it is something different please explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines