Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Export to h.264

Advocate ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks -

I initially thought this was tied into the NVidia issue that was supposedly solved by the last driver update.  However this appears to be a separate thing.  While I'm exporting an h.264 mp4 file, Pr will hit a point randomly in the export and just... stop.  It stops doing anything and everything.  The CPU and GPU utilization drop to 0% but the file is nowhere near completed.  Sometimes I can hit the Cancel button and try again.  Sometimes when I hit the Cancel button, the Program Monitor window stops showing any sort of video playback (audio keeps working).  Other times, I can't hit the Cancel button because Pr has frozen solid requiring me to kill it via Windows.

These short vids have accelerated effects such as scaling, cropping, and transitions.  Disabling CUDA does appear to clear things up at the expense of significant rendering time.  So that's not an acceptable answer.

Also, the issues shows up while exporting within Media Encoder as well.  If I attempt to re-export after the first failed attempt, it immediately errors out with something like:

02/18/2017 09:36:42 PM : Encoding Failed

------------------------------------------------------------

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\C:\opt\users\jvp\etc\General\GoPros.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00:00:00:33

Rendering at offset: 0.017 seconds

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: -1609629690

------------------------------------------------------------

The particulars:

• Source footage is all h.264 MP4 files, 1080p/60FPS.  Export is the same.
  • As stated, I am using accelerated effects in the timeline.
  • Pr version:  latest.  No plugins or add-ons.
  • NVidia Driver: 378.49

Hardware:

• Intel 5960X overclocked to 4.3GHz, over-volted to handle it, liquid-cooled and never breaches 50*C
  • 2 Titan X Pascal cards in SLI, lightly overclocked +200MHz/+500MHz.  Also liquid cooled, and also rarely if ever even hit 50*C.

I've wasted the Media Cache files, etc.  None of that helps.  Any other ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take your GPU's out of SLI mode (It is not necessary and may cause problems) and see if that helps.

I do not understand your "lightly overclocked +200MHz/+500MHz"  what does that mean.  I am an overclocker, I hope that does not mean you are overclocking each one at a different clock rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bill+Gehrke  wrote

Take your GPU's out of SLI mode (It is not necessary and may cause problems) and see if that helps.

Pr's profile in the NVidia control panel already has it set up for "Single GPU".  So my second GPU is sitting completely idle, which sorta sucks.  This is forced and locked; if I try to change it to "SLI" it immediately reverts to "Single GPU".  With it like that, SLI is disabled for Pr but not system wide.

I do not understand your "lightly overclocked +200MHz/+500MHz"  what does that mean.  I am an overclocker, I hope that does not mean you are overclocking each one at a different clock rate.

Sorry for the confusion; I meant clock +200MHz, memory +500MHz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would still strongly suggest you remove any evidence of SLI connection.  I am running two

GTX 1060's and they both are sharing the MPE acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bill+Gehrke  wrote

I would still strongly suggest you remove any evidence of SLI connection.  I am running two

GTX 1060's and they both are sharing the MPE acceleration.

I can't and won't do that.  This rig is used heavily for gaming as well as editing and I'm not going to shut down, disconnect the SLI bridge, and power it back up to start editing.  Only to reverse that to start playing again.

Not gonna happen.  If this is an SLI issue, it needs to be unfornicated by NVidia and/or Adobe.  But I'll be a paycheck it's not the SLI connection.  Something else is happening here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This rig is used heavily for gaming as well as editing

That could be a problem.  See step 4, particularly part D.

Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim_Simon  wrote

This rig is used heavily for gaming as well as editing

That could be a problem.  See step 4, particularly part D.

Jim, you can go ahead and stop trying to be helpful, please.  You're anything but, as usual.

Carry on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can get you working again, but only if you really want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Pr version:  latest.

The specific version number is far more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines