4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2017 4:41 AM by leri007

Buying Lightroom

leri007 Level 1

I found a photography pack with lightroom and photoshop for 146 euro /per year:
      Cennik i plany członkostwa Creative Cloud | Adobe Creative Cloud

And I also found an option to buy lightroom for 134 euro.Adobe Produkty

The reason I'm asking about is I wanted to know what do I get for 134 euro? Is it also 1 year subscription or lightroom forever? If it's 1 year subscription then why lightroom + photoshop costs only 10 euro more?

Greetings

• 1. Re: Buying Lightroom
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

The 1 year subscription is, as it states, for ONE YEAR. The next year you would have to pay again and again for every year after that.

But with that you get the most current versions of both Lightroom AND Photoshop.

The 134 euros is for LR only and if you wanted to get a newer version, once it came out, you would need to BUY it again. And you do not get Photoshop.

Also the Stand Alone version does not get any new features that the subscription base version does.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Buying Lightroom
            leri007 Level 1

Thanks. So I buy LR for 134 and have this one version forever? Let's say I will use it for 10 years so I pay only 134eur. for those 10 years?

• 3. Re: Buying Lightroom
              Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

leri007  wrote

Thanks. So I buy LR for 134 and have this one version forever? Let's say I will use it for 10 years so I pay only 134eur. for those 10 years?

Yes BUT, and this is a Big BUT, you would stop receiving camera and bug fixes updates once a newer version came out.

So the usefulness of any one version of LR is about 2 years, maybe 3 years at the most. Also since LR 6 came out about 2 years ago Adobe might be planing on coming out with a new version shortly. If you ought LR 6 now in 1-2-3-4-? months it would stop receiving new camera updates and you would then be forced into buying the newer version.

In my honest opinion the subscription system, for $9.99 US a month, is the best deal. It cost you slightly less then the purchase prices of the stand alone and you get both LR and PS.

• 4. Re: Buying Lightroom
                leri007 Level 1

Thank you so much