• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update (2017 CC) crashing and playback issues

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost a whole days work today because the latest update of Premiere seems plagued with issues. I can't open my project files in an earlier version because they're already saved for the latest version. Issues I've had include:

+ Random crashes

+ Sudden, irreversible issues with playback. Once it happens, timeline won't play and individual files won't play. Restarting computer doesn't help, and creating a new project doesn't help. Starts back working only when it wants to, when I load earlier versions of project files, and after a few minutes of editing it happens again.

+ The continuing issue of CUDA working only when it wants to

+ Audio issues with files on timeline. Doesn't effect previews, and changing audio buffer doesn't help. Creates glitching noises and delayed playback of audio.

All my drivers are the latest. I've got an ASUS M32CD Desktop (Core i5, 16GB DDR3, 1TB, Windows 10) with on board 7.1 Realtek HD sound card and Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB GPU.

Everything was fine before the update. Anyone else have these issues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen none of those issues with 2017.0.2.  All I can think to suggest is some general troubleshooting.

Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Masonguevara,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please provide us more information.

+ Random crashes

1) Are there any error messages? If yes, post screenshots FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

+ Sudden, irreversible issues with playback. Once it happens, timeline won't play and individual files won't play. Restarting computer doesn't help, and creating a new project doesn't help. Starts back working only when it wants to, when I load earlier versions of project files, and after a few minutes of editing it happens again.

2) Are there any custom workspaces?

3) Have you tried resetting the preferences?

Try this step:

Go to the following location in the machine

1. In Windows, C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0 (Or)

2. Rename the 11.0 folder to Old_11.0 

3. Launch Premiere Pro, Create a new project(do not open Old projects)

4. In the menu bar, Window > Workspace > Uncheck Import Workspace from Projects.

5. Open the old project & check the issue.   

The continuing issue of CUDA working only when it wants to

4) Install the Previous version of Nvidia driver & test.

Audio issues with files on timeline. Doesn't effect previews, and changing audio buffer doesn't help. Creates glitching noises and delayed playback of audio.

5) Clear the Media Cache & regenerate the cache again & test. FAQ: How to clean media cache files?

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all those things. Reinstall, clearing preferences, clearing cache and files, nothing works. I had no issues before last night. I can reload an older version of my project and occasionally get it to work again but as soon as I start editing again the problem randomly repeats (main problem being no playback of timeline or files) and once that happens, nothing works. Even brand new project files. It basically kills the application and "breaks" that project file so it's no longer usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downgraded to 11.0 and I still can't use my projects. I can load a new project which works but then when I load my project the issue continues, after which I can't load a new project because the problem returns and the application becomes once again "broken."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Masonguevara,

I am sorry for late response. Please create a new project in 11.0 version & import the project file with issues into the new project & test.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with me, when using CUDA from a gtx 1060 6gb.I can playback with software only, but the performance is not so good, and i bought the gtx1060 to have more performance in adobe premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neillm,

I am sorry for delayed response.

Please update the GPU Gtx1060 driver to latest version & test.

If issue persists, downgrade the driver & test.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, same problem here.

I uploded to CC 2017 1.2 since then, it crashes when try to playback

- open new project, import any footage (no pluggins), press play button or type space bar and gets crashed. i have to close typing ctrl+alt+supr

Win10

i7 6700k

32Gb RAM (its opening Premiere and start eating 2Gb nonstop)

GTX 1070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines