2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2017 8:09 AM by m_vargas

I can not install the flash player updates

waltero

Any time I attempt to install the update, IE crashes, and stops working. I have tried downloading an saving the file, same results. I have turned off Active X, same results. Flash Player is enabled/active, current version 24.0.0.186,,, Windows 7, with IE 11.flashplayer_error.jpg

any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: I can not install the flash player updates
          divya_1993 Adobe Employee

Hi,

Seems like the problem lies with the browser and not with the flash player installer.

Please try re-installing the browser.

Thanks!

• 2. Re: I can not install the flash player updates
            m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi waltero

As my colleague mentions, this appears to be an issue with the browser, not Flash Player installer, however, I will forward this to the online installer team to apprise them of the issue.

Have you tried using a different browser to download the file? If not, can you please try?  The download page auto-detects the OS/browser combination and offers the appropriate Flash Player file for the OS/browser combination.  When using a different browser to download the Flash Player ActiveX Control for IE, go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions.  In step 1 select the OS (Windows 7) in step 2 select 'FP 24 for Internet Explorer - ActiveX'

-

Maria