3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2017 11:24 AM by A.I.1

Animate a Wrap

pascalk59131179

Dear all,

I am not working with the adobe programs since ever and my boss told me to plan a campaign.

For that task I wanted to take a photo of the opened wrap and I wanted to make a Video how it closes.

The only possibility I know is to do it with my hands, but I don't want them to be seen.

If anybody of you guys know how to solve my problem, I'd be really happy to hear from you!

Thanks, Pascal

• 1. Re: Animate a Wrap
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

There's a million ways to du such stuff, but quite frankly with a "no clue" approach it's not going to work in any way. You're just throwing around generic stuff without even having doen the most basic concept work like showing us a mood board/ storyboard or design draft. Forgive me, but this and then "plan a campaign" don't mix and it sounds like you're hopelesssly in over your head. Sorry, I know this sounds rude, but you have to start with the basics. That aside, if you only have one photo, then this is a lost cause already. There simply is no way to warp and morph a single photo in any way to make this halfway realistic. Again, you need to plan this properly before even getting to the juicy bits in AE, 3D-animation or whatever method you ultimately are going to use.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Animate a Wrap
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

Mylenium speaks the truth.  You should probably not do this yourself.  You should hire someone else to do it.

In fact, I for one am unsure what you want to accomplish.

Here in the USA, the current most popular use of the term "wrap" is to describe a sandwich made popular by the Taco Bell chain of fast food restaurants.  When you get one, it's already closed.  I shudder to think what would happen if people when get them when they were open.  What a mess.

• 3. Re: Animate a Wrap
              A.I.1 Level 3

pascalk59131179  wrote

Dear all,

I am not working with the adobe programs since ever and my boss told me to plan a campaign.

For that task I wanted to take a photo of the opened wrap and I wanted to make a Video how it closes.

The only possibility I know is to do it with my hands, but I don't want them to be seen.

If anybody of you guys know how to solve my problem, I'd be really happy to hear from you!

Thanks, Pascal

I don't know now quite what you are looking at doing ("the wrap" - wrapping something up?).

But here's some suggestions (which might or might not work/be any use - they're just ideas):

* You could video whatever it is in the wrapped state, and pull it open (or allow it to open by itself depending on what it is) - by hand or by thin wire/string/sticks. Do wire removal/paint the wires/sticks out etc to get rid of the wires/sticks used to open it. Reverse the video.

* Or Wrap it on video using thin sticks or something thinner than hands (wire etc.) and do wire removal

* Or maybe use the wrapping by hand video as a reference for the animation (so you'd be able to see both in a composition until you set the reference invisible)? Load video of wrapping by hand video into AE and use that as a guide to creating an animation of it. Set the reference video to not visible afterwards.