• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't sync LRCC 2015.8 and mobile devices

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings. Got two problems syncing between desktop and mobile versions of Lightroom:

1. In desktop LR (LRCC 2015.8 on MacOS 10.12.3), syncing with mobile is not available. There is no sync option displayed in the new collection dialog even though I am signed in and Sync with Lightroom Mobile is on. Sync shows "on" in the tool tip; there is no play or pause icon displayed.

How to enable syncing per collection?

Possibly important backstory: This Mac previously ran a standalone version of LR6 and Photoshop Elements 14. I uninstalled both, including deleting preferences, using the Adobe uninstall tools before installing LR and PS CC versions. Both show as up to date.

2. I would like to sync only selected items between desktop and mobile versions, not an entire catalog -- how to do this?

For testing I created a separate catalog that has just one photo, but this still won't sync. My main catalog won't sync either.

Signing out and back in did not help.

Thanks in advance for clues on both sync issues.

Message was edited by: David Newman s/collection/catalog/ in final three references

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, if you have sync enabled you should see this little symbol to the very left of each collection. When you click on that symbol the collection should synchronize with Lightroom Mobile.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Sync is enabled, according to the tool tip, though the play/pause icon is missing.

sync1.png

However, there are no check boxes next to collection names.

sync2.png

Thanks in advance for additional troubleshooting clues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since sync is on, but the interface isn't showing properly, it seems like corrupt preferences. I'd recommend restoring preferences to the default (often that fixes weird UI issues).

How to set Lightroom preferences

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mike. Unfortunately this did not clear the issue. Even though I deleted the Lightroom [3,4,6] plists in the ~/Library/Preferences directory, and even though LightRoom restarted as if for the first time, with a welcome screen and default settings, the same sync behavior as before persists.

Glad to try other methods of fixing this sync problem. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi drnewman,

When LR started as if for the first time, did you have to go through the sign-in process to set up syncing? Or did it come up with the "sync is on" behavior right away?

I would try signing out and back in to your account if possible.

Let me know what you find, and if you don't get this working, we can look at next steps.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

Signing out and back in had no effect on this issue. Here are the steps I followed:

1. While in Lightroom, signed out

2. Quit Lightroom

3. In Terminal (well, actually iTerm 2), located and deleted plist file:

drnewman$ cd ~/Library/Preferences

drnewman$ ls com.adobe.[L,l]*

com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist

drnewman$ rm com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist

4. Launch the Lightroom app. Adobe prompts me to sign in first and then displays the first-time welcome and tips screens.

5. Enable mobile syncing as before. The app says "Sync On" in response to this action but does not display a run/pause icon and there are no check boxes next to collections, same as before.

Please advise on what further steps we might try. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines