• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio not following video in multi-camera sequence

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have three clips with differing audio. When I try and make these into a multi-cam sequence I only hear the audio from the first clip. I have my audio set to "Switch Audio" but it still doesn't work. Is there a solution for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the multicam in the timeline view,look at your audio tracks, and see what the problem is.

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 4.04.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the audio is there. I want the audio to follow the clip that is selected at the time rather than just playing the one. Is there a way I can have both the video and audio switch between the cameras when I am making a sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now done a lot of multi-cam edits in PP and am pretty happy with the flexibility it offers, but have not had to use 'audio switching'. Yet.

( I use it in Avid to switch to isolated mic feeds, separate from video, rather than switching VandA together)

When I was trying to figure out an audio workflow in PP I did investigate audio switching a bit.

It seemed to need to be set when grouping, for a start.

From memory it takes the highest track count in your clips and creates a multichannel sequence with that many tracks, with matching adaptive timeline tracks.

So if you have 4 cameras - 3 with stereo tracks and 1 with 16 mono tracks then you get a 16 track 'multichannel' source sequence with 4 x 16 track adaptive tracks. C1 on A1, C2 on A2 etc

You have to edit that source sequence into a timeline with an adaptive track. You may have to right click on the MC clip in your timeline to enable multi-cam. It should then switch between those source tracks.

Adobe have built a powerful and flexible multi-camera engine. It's not simple though and it has not been used extensively yet, particularly with regard to audio.

Avids implementation is unwieldy and ancient, but  it is much simpler (mono audio tracks only) and has benefited from being used for many more years on many more productions.

If I get time I'll try and look into this again and report back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RansomS,

Did you figure it out? Or do you still need help?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines