• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC...Can't Re-Install!

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own an older version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on my laptop.  I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and it started acting up.  I uninstalled it, and now am at a loss how to re-install.  I went to my Adobe account to see if it was in my downloads, but the only thing in there is my Creative Cloud/Illustrator/Photoshop download. All other solutions I've read about in this forum direct me to a page where I can purchase a monthly subscription to Acrobat Reader DC, but I purchased it already and do NOT want to buy a monthly subscription!  How can I get Reader DC back on my computer???  Every time I try to download it from adobe.com, I get a "application initialization error" message...I'm assuming this is because I did not purchase a subscription?  I just need to be able to open PDF's and fill and sign them again.  I used this feature of my old program quite frequently.  If there is another free way to do this, I'm happy to switch, but I used to have Reader DC!  I hate that everything Adobe makes that is somewhat useful has now gone to outrageously expensive monthly subscriptions!  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melaniep2360945,

Edited-

We see that earlier you had the license for Adobe CS6 and an older version of Adobe Acrobat X

that you can download again through- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Help   (You need the serial number to activate the license of Acrobat)

Also, Adobe Reader DC that you have referred above is a free application of Adobe that you can easily download and get it from Adobe's website.

You may refer to the link to download the correct version of Adobe Reader DC- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

If you are experiencing any trouble during installtion and getting any error, then run the cleaner tool first and then install the application from through the link mentioned above.

Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried running the cleaner.  Tried running the program as an administrator.  Tried troubleshooting compatibility.  Tried disabling my firewall

and antivirus protection.  I still get the message above.  Been getting it for 2 days now every time I try to install.  It's getting pretty frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Melaniep2360945,

EDITED-

I apologize for the delay in response.

Sorry to hear that its still din't work. Just wanted to confirm whether you were able to finish the installation or not?

If not, try installing the application in hidden administrator account.

How to create hidden admin, you may refer to Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7, 8, or 10

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines