• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Galaxy cell phone video does not conform audio correctly, what to do?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, looks like I have run into a new tech issue I did not know I had.

I am  using CS6, and have for years, no issues.  Have used various video camera's over the years.

We started to use our Galaxy S5 phones to start taking some video a few years ago.  I integrated this and the video

from my Sony camera and never had an issue.

I just started to edit video for my last years christmas video and everything was going great until I hit March.  Various

clips from the month would not conform correctly and kept giving me errors.  But not all clips!

So as I looked more, a change that happened was in March we upgraded one phone from a galaxy S5 to a S7.  The video

only from the S7 was having issues.  When I look at video from each phone with mediainfo, I see really nothing that is different.

They are both variable frame rate.  But the S5 works, while the S7 is flaky.

I have started to run the video through handbrake with the output being a constant frame rate, since this is what I am reading is the only fix?

The amount of work I have to do, if there is no other fix, is really really the pits.  Now, if the S5 also was flaky I would say I am stuck, but

to have the S5's VFR work, but the S7's VFR fail, well, what is the difference?

I am assuming one cannot configure ones cell phone to always shoot in CFR so I can eliminate this issue?

So, am I stuck?

Wow, this really hurts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Premiere Pro is not designed to work with VFR video, so I am surprised that you did not have problems with the earlier video

The only solution I know of is to convert to CFR so PPro may properly edit the video

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is not designed to work with VFR video, so I am surprised that you did not have problems with the earlier video

The only solution I know of is to convert to CFR so PPro may properly edit the video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what I do not understand either, which is why I keep asking why. 

Am re-encoding clips now with handbrake and see what happens.  So far the ones I have re-encoded are not seeming to be having issues again.

Sure cannot believe I cannot set my video on my phones to a CFR setting.  This extra step is nuts, let alone all the rework I now have to do.  Guess one learns new stuff each day. Another reason I am staying away from 4K stuff.  I do not need anymore issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines