• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe AIR verses Internet Explorer

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have developed an Adobe AIR application that we point to the URL of our flash web application. We are seeing differences in the communication behavior of our web application with the Adobe AIR container verses Internet Explorer. We are seeing some communication drops fro the Adobe AIR container in our requests back to the web server for requests that take a longer time. Internet Explorer seems to be much more tolerant and handles much better.

Today I was debugging some processing on the web server. I observed that Internet Explorer would wait nicely for my debugging. When I attempted the same thing with the Adobe AIR Container, it fails in the communications.

As I missing some configuration of the Adobe AIR container? 

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm I think you can set a timeout on the URLRequest, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same flash code is running in both Internet Explorer and Adobe Air. So I don't think it is in the code and more flash environmental, unless of course there are different default behaviors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the mobile earlier, so I couldn't look this up and thought I'd just give you a direction. So let me google this for you:

Flash Player uses the browser to execute URL requests and uses the same timeouts as your browser. In Air you can use URLRequest.idleTimeout to specify your own timeout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this is a better description of the configuration I am using:

We have developed an application front end in Flash. Now we are allowing access either from a browser or an Adobe AIR application. We point to the URL of our web server and download swf components and data via a NetConnection. We are seeing differences in the communication behavior of our web application with the Adobe AIR container verses Internet Explorer. There are some communication drops between the Adobe AIR container in our requests back to the web server for requests that take a longer time. Internet Explorer seems to be much more tolerant and handles much better.

It is not an issue simply with the connection reliability because the same behaviors can be observed by setting and holding a breakpoint on the requests for data from the web server.

So, same code but different behaviors when flash runs in Adobe Air. We have made sure both are using the same version of the flash dll.

As I missing some configuration of the Adobe AIR container that changes default behaviors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My last reply answered exactly this question. Did you read it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but it does not. The idle timeout you mentioned is for a URLRequest. The communication that is "timing out" is the NetConnection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I missed that. Sorry, my bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am looking at this link....AIR RemoteObject timeout in Windows - Is There A Solution???

Has this problem really been around for 7 YEARS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines