• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone help me with rendering footage?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The green bar above the timeline won't move. It will stay in one spot and keep looping from there instead of looping the whole video.

delete.png

The green bar will not move from that spot, it will just stay there and loop that little section. I want the green bar to cover the whole video and loop the whole video. Can someone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us about your machine -- how much memory do you have?  It appears it isn't much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an HP Omen, it has 8 gigs of Ram and 1tb of memory storage which I haven't even used half of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have a boatload of other applications open.  AE will preview using all the RAM available to it.  It appears you're getting a aecond or two at best.

Also: purge your caches and try the preview again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried purging and it did not help, and i only have my browser and After Effects open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the world's most detailed screen grab, but i think I see your comp window is at Full resolution.  The actual size of the comp viewer isn't anywhere near 100%  Do yourself a favor: set the viewer size to 25%, the resolution to Quarter and try again.

My machine has 16 gigs and I wouldn't DREAM of getting any more than a 15-second chunk of  a 1280x720 comp to preview.

You just have to learn how AE previews, I guess.  You've probably noticed it doesn't work like a video editing application.  You'll discover more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot make out much of the details in your screenshot. Try just using PrintScreen and then pasting in the reply field on this forum so the text is not so distorted. Make sure your composition is selected in the Project Panel and that the layer giving you problems has all modified properties revealed. The only thing I can really make out is that you have applied Motion tile and something else to the selected layer. You could be working with a comp and effect settings that are eating up all your ram.

I always have my Comp Panel resolution set to Auto. This is the most efficient way to work. This will match your resolution to the magnification ratio for the composition panel and give you longer previews when working at reduced magnification factors.

If that does not help then try turning off some of the effects on the layers that are giving you problems to see if the effects are hogging all of the memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines