• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QUICKTIME SCREEN RECORDING, HOW TO IMPORT AND KEEP QUALITY?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I import my quicktime screen recording in to premier pro it loses quality. Playback resolution is on full, and i have test exported and it is of poorer quality than the original .mov quicktime file.

I assume it is something to do with sequence settings but im not sure? I have tried the match sequence settings to import, but im not sure what else i can do.

please help!!!!!!!! Surely it should be able to stay at the same quality as the original screen recording.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "screen recording" are you using a program to capture your computer screen? If so, which, and whether it's using constant frame-rate (CFR) or variable frame-rate (VFR) can be an issue for PrPro. PrPro does not work well with VFR media, so you'd need to either choose the CFR option (if available) in the screen-capture program or use HandBrake (free download) to convert to CFR for best use in PrPro.

As to the video quality ... the standard method for making a sequence with proper settings is to simply drop a clip on a blank timeline panel (no sequences open) or on the New Item icon in the lower right corner of the Project panel ... the page with corner turned one as here, between the two red lines ...

Either method causes PrPro to create a sequence based on the clip, the frame-rate/size, progressive/interlaced, all that sort of thing.

If you didn't do this, it's quite possible that simply doing the above will fix your problem.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jquilly,

Did Neil's response help at all?

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil's answer is correct - the issue is Quicktime Player does screen grabs in VFR... but I have a question. When dealing with Handbrake re-encoded Quicktime screen grabs, it seems Premiere seems to have trouble with m4a video it until it's rendered.

What is the ideal export codec to use in Handbrake for smoothest use in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mp4.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines