• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG and JS problem

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am making a world map in SVG and i have to make such dialog boxes with some contact info and stuff... the text in the boxes are typography elements and every country has its own dialog box

for instance norway: dialog-no

and they are all grouped

then i go into javascript

and use this code

$("#norway").click(function(){

$("#dialog-no").show(); 

});

to show the boxes, but when i click inspect it says that the id of the norway country is something with polygon #norway .st7

so i tried type that inside the click function, but still nothing appears! what the heck is wrong here?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the thread to Illustrator Scripting​ for further assistance.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not use the "Save-As" SVG export, instead use the Web Optimized SVG Export from the Export menu item. The "Save-As" version mangles up a lot of the svg code. Still, check your tag names to verify that your layer names carried over like you expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines