1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 20, 2017 10:13 PM by D Fosse

Curves To Levels?

TylerBkk1

I just had a quick question on curves. I normally work with levels and someone sent me a file with a curves color adjustment layer in it.

I have been struggling with trying to see if I can somehow convert or reverse engineer the curves adjustment layer into a levels adjustment layer so that I can create an action from it.

I realize I can save the curves layer as a curves preset, but I would prefer to be able to create an action so that I can share the action with others more easily.

If I could even figure out the exact settings of the curves layer using the numbers then I could also recreate the curves layer as part of an action. So that would do it too.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

• 1. Re: Curves To Levels?
          D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

TylerBkk1  wrote

if I can somehow convert or reverse engineer the curves adjustment layer into a levels adjustment layer

You can't. Levels is a subset of Curves - it creates one particular curve, a gamma curve.

You should really try to make friends with Curves. It's vastly more powerful than Levels. I agree that Levels is often much more convenient for setting the endpoints, but for anything that goes on in the middle it's very limited.

1 person found this helpful