• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate online help and asset library not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got the latest Captivate patch (9.0.2.437) on a U.S. DOJ Dell laptop/Windows 7 Enterprise, which does fix one problem with freezing but now I'm not able to access online help or the asset library. We had our admin login with the Adobe account info and re-completed the Adobe profile but no luck. I'm wondering if this is a firewall issue? Maybe the patch fixed/closed and security issue and combined with DOJ security, is blocking the communication? Is there something the admins can do here at DOJ? I would need specific instructions to pass on to them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try following the instructions in the patch update:

After the upgrade, before launching Adobe Captivate 9.0.2, do the following steps:

1. Clear your preferences by double clicking on the following file:

Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 9 x64\utils\CleanPreferencesWin.bat

Mac OS : /Applications/Adobe Captivate 9/utils/CleanPreferencesMac

2. Ensure that you take a backup of interactions and sample projects folder and delete them.

Sample projects folders are present at:

Windows: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\SampleProjects

Mac OS: /Users/<user account>/Documents/My Adobe Captivate Projects/SampleProjects

Interactions folders are present at:

Windows: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Interactions_9_0

Mac OS: /Users/<user account>/Documents/My Adobe Captivate Projects/Interactions_9_0

3. In the upgraded projects, old interactions should be replaced with new interactions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you but that did not work. When I select online help nothing happens and when I click Assets, I get a window with just what I have already downloaded and no options to do anything that would connect back to the online asset library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources