• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchased PDF Pack Subscription - how do I use it off-line?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the PDF Pack subscription (not cheap, by the way) thinking that it would unlock a number of capabilities in the desktop app.  So far, no such luck.

How do I turn on the additional features in the Acrobat reader?  So far, everything I need to do (create PDFs, Combine documents, etc) has to be done using the Creative Cloud Web portal, which means I have to be on-line to do it.  The documentation that I read before I signed up for the PDF Pack Subscription said I would be able to do this "from my devices with the Acrobat Reader Software" but I haven't figured out how to enable those features yet.

Please help!

Thanks,

Ernie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

The subscription doesn't add any new abilities to Adobe Acrobat Reader itself and has to be used online. If you want these abilities offline, you would need to purchase or subscribe to the full version of Adobe Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subscription doesn't add any new abilities to Adobe Acrobat Reader itself and has to be used online. If you want these abilities offline, you would need to purchase or subscribe to the full version of Adobe Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  The description before I purchased the pack stated the following: "With PDF Pack, you can create, export, sign, and track documents in the office or on the go. This subscription lets you work from a web browser, Acrobat Reader software, and mobile."

That seems quite misleading to me.

How do I get my money back? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is misleading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your iOS and Android devices, you get more capabilities in the Acrobat Reader app if you sign in, including PDF creation, just as in the Mac and Windows Acrobat Reader. This seems to be exactly what you describe. You certainly must be online, the capability unlocked (except PDF editing on iPad)  is an online service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd-

The description of the pack states "create, export, sign and track documents in the office or on the go."  This implies that you do not need an internet connection to do this. 

It goes on to state "This subscription lets you work from a web browser, acrobat reader software and mobile"  That implies that you can do this using the software OR a web browser.  The reality is far from what is advertised.  THAT is misleading.

I have a creative cloud subscription, and I don't have to be on-line to use that subscription.  Why is this different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How want you use it on the go without a mobile device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a laptop, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the fact that it's a "cloud" based service tells me it's online only.

You can cancel here: Cancel your membership or subscription | Adobe Acrobat, Document Cloud PDF services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~Graffiti-

I already have the Creative Cloud subscription, and ALL the functionality is local on my laptop.  The license renews monthly, and yes, I need an internet connection for that.  Capishe?

I travel a lot, and can't always get to the cloud.

Thanks for the link.  I cancelled.  Appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

esmithiii  wrote

~Graffiti-

I already have the Creative Cloud subscription, and ALL the functionality is local on my laptop.  The license renews monthly, and yes, I need an internet connection for that.  Capishe?

Capish. That subscription will install the actual software. As mentioned above, Acrobat DC should be part of that subscription and it can do everything that PDFPack can do plus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Photography package, which does not include Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yeah. Bummer. Bernd, why "buy" Acrobat instead of subscribe? The subscription should allow you to download and install acrobat. Shouldn't you only need to go online now and then to update and validate your license? It says in here every 30 days: Internet connectivity, offline grace period, and reminders | Adobe Creative Cloud apps

So if you can connect every 30 days, the subscription is fine as far as I understand their terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct.

But the OP want use a laptop without internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He uses the Creative Cloud subscription which I can only assume has the same limitation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should buy not subscribe Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I came here wondering the same thing. The description is very misleading, making it seem like you can combine pdfs, etc. straight from your desktop app, which is not the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can do it from Reader but you still have to be connected to the Internet. No need to use a browser. Everything is true; for most people "on the go" implies using their phone etc via wifi or mobile data.

If you have a full Creative Cloud subscription, it includes Acrobat Pro which had build in, offline, PDF creation. Acrobat Pro is also available for separate subscription. Sounds as if you may need to get a refund anyway. Act fast, there's a time limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although this might be technically correct ("the best kind of correct!"), it's yet another case of using marketing "buzz-words" to sell products instead of clearly stating what it can and can't (gasp!) do, which Adobe does way too often, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, with full Creative Cloud you already get Acrobat Pro DC. Presumably, then, you were looking to do something Acrobat Pro didn't do. Since we believe Pro can do everything PDF Pack can do, let us know what you were looking for. Perhaps we can help you find it in Acrobat Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can use this service direct from your Acrobat Reader desktop app. But the work happens at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines