Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Captivate HTML5 or swf to Muse project

Participant ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm at my wits end here.

I know it's been asked a million times before I still can't manage this.

I have a simple interactive Captivate file that I published as both HTML5 and SWF. All I want is to embed it in my Muse project.

I've been going through this forum for hours now and every time someone asks the question it gets redirected to this:

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 19.47.46.png

This seems very straight forward but for the life of me I can't get it to work.

Just to be clear I am new to Adobe Muse, and I'm very inexperienced with programming. If I'm presented with any sort of code, as above, I simply turn into a quivering mess. It just all looks like witchcraft to me. So please be patient with me.

What I tried so far:

I added the SWF file from my published captivate file in the "Add Files for Upload". It appeared in my assets folder.

I copied and pasted the above code into the "Insert HTML" text box. The only thing I replaced was the bit in bold. This is where I think I went wrong. When it says "Do not forget to change the .swf file name" what does that mean??

In the Assets folder, I right clicked on the SWF file I wanted and clicked on the "copy full path" option. This is what I pasted in to the code.

I didn't change the "codebase" section at all. I'm not sure exactly what that is.

Overall when I do all of this and press "OK" it looks as if it's inserting something onto the page, but then it says "Missing Plugin".

So. Solutions anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Hey Diarm87,

Apologies for the confusion.

I understand this might get a little tricky sometimes, however, let me try helping you out here.

The answer to your question: "When it says "Do not forget to change the .swf file name" what does that mean??"

You need to replace captivate6_files.swf with your own .swf file name and not the whole path.

For eg: if your .swf file is saved by the name my_captivate.swf the path in the code will be:

<paran name="SRC" value="assets/my_captivate.swf">

<embed src="assets

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Diarm87,

Apologies for the confusion.

I understand this might get a little tricky sometimes, however, let me try helping you out here.

The answer to your question: "When it says "Do not forget to change the .swf file name" what does that mean??"

You need to replace captivate6_files.swf with your own .swf file name and not the whole path.

For eg: if your .swf file is saved by the name my_captivate.swf the path in the code will be:

<paran name="SRC" value="assets/my_captivate.swf">

<embed src="assets/my_captivate.swf" width="800" height="600">

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks.

I tried that and when I click OK it looks as if it's uploading something to muse, but then it just says "Missing Plugin" and the object is blank.

There's a bit of the code above where it says: 

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab# version=8,0,0,0">

Do I need to change anything with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like an issue with the Flash Player plugin.

Please try uploading your site to Business Catalyst as a temp so you can share the URL with us and  we can have a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines