Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Multiple Effects To The Mask

Guide ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I have a Movie Clip on my Timeline, I have added a Effect like Color Balance, and I masked the area that I wanted to have the effect to be applied to, and I Tracked that Mask. Now, I want to add more Effects to the masked area, such as Blur, or color Emboss. The problem Is: the other effects are added to the entire clip rather my Masked area. I can add different effects, and for each separate effect I can add a separate mask and Track it. But I want to have only one Mask and only one Track with Multiple Effects. How can I co that.

Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

You can copy the mask, including animation, to the other effects.

In the Effect Controls panel, right-click directly on the top-level of the mask and Copy. It should say Mask (1) by default.

Create another mask on the other effect and again right-click on the top-level and choose Paste.

It will copy and paste the keyframes as well. Just make sure that you are on the first keyframe when you are pasting or else your keyframes will be out of sync.

Here's an alternate workaround you could use if you don

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy the mask, including animation, to the other effects.

In the Effect Controls panel, right-click directly on the top-level of the mask and Copy. It should say Mask (1) by default.

Create another mask on the other effect and again right-click on the top-level and choose Paste.

It will copy and paste the keyframes as well. Just make sure that you are on the first keyframe when you are pasting or else your keyframes will be out of sync.

Here's an alternate workaround you could use if you don't fancy all that copying and pasting:

- Duplicate your clip and place it on a track above the original clip.

- Apply a Video Effects > Channel > Solid Composite

- Set the Source Opacity and Opacity values to 0.

- Create and track your mask on this effect.

- Apply your stack of effects to the original clip (below the Solid Composite).

What this does is effectively reveal the bottom layer with all the effects through the mask, while keeping an untouched original clip above it, outside the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear eikonoklastes:

Thank you very much now it its working. I was using the Edit: Copy, Rather than Right-Clicking on the Actual Mask.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Premiere's mask workflow is pretty clunky right now, and not very intuitive. Hopefully it's something they address in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would do it differently.

Duplicate clip and superimpose

Mask with Opacity

then add as much effects as you like,

I nearly always use opacity, hardly ever use the mask of an effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ms.Ann.

I have trouble following your Instructions, Would you please explain your Method Step By Step, which layer to Mask which layer to Turn off The Opacity.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mask.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines