• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to replace multiple text-on-a-path from Lorem Ipsum to desired text EN MASSE

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just as soon as this is posted, I'll try to find a way to upload a screen shot, which should make it dramatically more clear.

I am making a typographic poster, but rather than use the same repeating text over and over again, I am using the words to a friend's thesis, such that the animal she studied in biology is the IMAGE, and the words are her thesis.

I've already blocked out the fish using path lines, and can easily convert each line to Lorem ipsum filler text. However, I have THOUSANDS of lines to convert, and I am hoping there is a way to select all the lines in a specific area, and replace ALL AT ONCE all the filler text with the desired text, such that one can read her work, albeit in the shape of a fish.

If I can just manage to upload a screen shot of what I"m doing, it should be loads more clear...

Any tips appreciated! First Illustrator project, and I've learned SO MUCH but still have so much more to master!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

You could select multiple path text objects and Type > Threadad text > Make. Then paste whatever text you want into it. The text will flow along all those threaded lines of text.

For that big circle kind of shape you wouldn't need path text. An area text in the shape would do.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 5.47.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could select multiple path text objects and Type > Threadad text > Make. Then paste whatever text you want into it. The text will flow along all those threaded lines of text.

For that big circle kind of shape you wouldn't need path text. An area text in the shape would do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines